Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It's getting closer...

So we have two more days before we will be on a CRUISE! I aboslutely can not believe it.. I am in soo much denial I have yet to pack anything! haha I made a list but no packing as of yet! I think I pack better when under pressure, and plus if I pack too early then I have to unpack certain things and would more than likely forget to REPACK them! lol Wow, crazy, I know! haha
We are leaving Friday morning around 6am and driving to Charleston, SC. We will "depart" at 4pm.. and once I step foot on the boat I am considering myself on "ISLAND TIME". No more hurrying to get anywhere except back on the boat after our excursions.. lol My cell phone will not be on, although I MAY check email and that sort of thing in the computer room, but even that may have to wait. I am soo looking forward to this vacation and not worrying about anything while I am gone! :)
OH MY GOODNESS.. I almost forgot! Jerry and I have AWESOME NEWS!! haha No we are def not preggers (seems like that is all that people think about when I say I have news these days).. but this is something we have been praying about for some time now! To make a long story kinda short.. he was going to be leaving June 21st for training for a new company in Alabama and then would have two weeks home, then would be flown out to Nebraska until September.. ugh! Meanwhile the lady, who does the staffing at a local nuclear plant, calls and says she put his name in for this summer job. We were excited but.. knew it may not happen so he went on with this idea of a new company. So I asked him today if he had heard anything about the local job, he said no, maybe I should call. So he did and was offered a FULL TIME PERMANENT job here locally with Catwaba Nuclear Station!! woot woot! Which means no more out of town trips unless I kick him out for awhile! lol We are soo stoked!! It will be weird to finally have him back.. I thought I would never see this day... it is all coming together now though! We wanted him to be local so when we had children he would actually be a part of their day to day lives instead of being a once a month dad! So YAY GOD!!

Couldn't end this blog on a happier note than giving God praise for his continual blessings!!
THANK U LORD! :))

~Mrs. Spann~

No comments:

Post a Comment